Your Smoke Detector warns you when it detects smoke and/or fire in your home. It will issue an audible alarm even if your alarm system is turned off or malfunctioning.
ACTIVATING YOUR SMOKE DETECTOR
The smoke detector is an optional addition to your GetSafe system, so you need to add it to your system using the GetSafe app.
- From the Main Menu, tap “DEVICES“
- Tap “Add a New Device” and select “Smoke Detector” from the device list.
- The Pairing screen appears as the system searches for the device. Pairing allows your smoke alarm to communicate with the SmartHub.
- Place the smoke detector close to the SmartHub and insert the batteries.
- When the pairing process is complete, you’ll get a screen prompt asking you to enter the device name. Enter the name/location and you’re ready for setup!
GetSafe’s smoke alarm is an optional add-on to the Starter Kit. It’s not intended to be a replacement for the smoke alarms you already have installed. Our smoke detector adds an extra layer of safety and security.
*Not sold in California